New Leaf Press
Manchester Based Printers.
We have a substantial amount of experience across all levels of the company, providing high level understanding of printing methods and co-ordinating them to customer requirements. We are happy to share our knowledge, providing solutions to alternative materials, finishes or different processes that will help reflect the look and feel to support your product campaign.
As a forward thinking company New Leaf continues to draw on experience, expertise and continuous investment in the latest technology to offer in-house Pre Press, Litho, Digital, Large Format and UV Printing.
Complementing this, our comprehensive in-house finishing department is on hand with their attention to detail, to maintain the quality of your job through the final stages of production also offering worldwide distribution if required. We know what it takes to deliver printing and finishing services for all requirements to get your content seen in a big way and get you the results you want just when you need them most, without compromising on quality and value.
We are an energetic and enthusiastic company who understands that regardless of the printing techniques, the service we provide is a direct extension of our clients brand.
New Leaf Press only works one way and that is to provide quality service and reliability. Yes, price comes into it but our main priorities don’t change. This is what we have built our business around, and there is no compromise. We will always go that extra mile for our customers.
Over the last three decades we have built up a great team of professionals who are all specialists in their various fields.
Our Flagship Heidelberg XL75 Printing Press
Widely regarded as the best printing press money can buy!
Our XL-75 Lithographic printing press with dedicated coating unit provides maximum speed, flexibility and efficiency.
- On Line Coating and infra-red drying units; providing straight off press into print finishing. Offers great rub resistance, avoids marking and enhances the print quality.
- Axis 2, colour control of all printing units; providing sheet to sheet colour consistency measures in under 200 mili seconds means faster make readies on press.
- Press handles a wide range of stocks; from bible paper to 800 micron boxboard
- Anti-Hickey via Vario Damping; scrubs the plate clean of anomalies eliminating potential hickeys.
- Fastest Sheet Fed Running Speeds meaning faster turnaround times.
- Faster make-readies; not only a benefit to our customers, this also benefits the environment due to the reduction in waste.
- All coatings are water based and all inks are vegetable based, again reducing the effects on the environment.
- Faster running speeds up to 18,000 impressions per hour.
- Double Diameter Impression Cylinders; sheets pass through the press flatter, reducing curling and marking on sheets.
In-House Print Finishing Department
- 3 x MBO Folders with cross-fold units – fully equipped with score, creasing and perforating capabilities.
- 3 x Heidelberg programmatic guillotines with cutting accuracy to a fraction of a millimetre.
- Flat-bed Heidelberg cylinder for die cutting. Creasing and embossing ideal for wallet folders and carton work.
- 6-station + cover feeder stitch and trim line for multi page brochure work.
- B2 size laminating machine to add matt/silk/gloss and soft-touch finishes to your work.
Various perforators/creasers, round-cornering machine, saddle stitchers, stab stitchers, brass eyelet and riveting machinery, 4-headed punch collators and various smaller fold and creasing machines.
ALL TO ADD THE FINISHING TOUCH TO YOUR PROJECTS.
Proofing and Preflighting
We will always pre-proof your job in house before we proceed to plate. This will discover any potential errors or faults at the earliest stages so that they can be rectified.
We pre-flight every job thoroughly by firstly bringing it up on screen for an initial review, then through our Heidelberg press room manager/transitions computer system we check and fix elements such as – bleeds, creeps, imposition schemes and plan the best route for the jobs to take. We can advise as to whether it is best suited to digital or litho printing. This is a big grey area – we can guide you through this process.
We encourage all our clients to come to New Leaf so we can show you our statements in practice. You're welcome to stay as long as you like and ask as many questions as you need. All our staff are specialists in their field and love to help.